Mark your calendars!
When: Saturday, June 9th, 2018 from 1 to 4 PM
Where: Edgewater Beach Park
What: Old Boys Match and Family Day Cookout
The Cleveland Crusaders RFC would like to cordially invite you to take part in an event that we want to make a highlight each year.
Cleveland has a rich rugby tradition that goes back to 1950s. Over the years players have come and gone and with time, so have several Cleveland clubs.
The Crusaders were formed with the intent of unifying Cleveland rugby talent and creating a central home for current and past rugby players in the city.
That being said, we want ALL old boys, regardless of the club you played for, to consider the Crusaders, YOUR club and join the festivities.
Taking that sentiment one step further, many of our players are parents, and we realize that for a club to be truly successful, it needs to offer something for the whole family.
More details will be added in the next couple of weeks, however, this is what the day will look like.
– Some form of old boys match. Likely we will have mixed teams of old and current players with rolling subs and a few “halfs”. Likely this will likely be touch, however, we may play “easy” contact depending on the feel that day.
– Social and cookout including food and cold beverages
– The BEACH! The event will be at Edgewater park so all of the beach activities are game.
– Potentially a brief kids clinic and touch/flag match
– Permits and logistics permitting, an inflatable obstacle course/bouncy house for kids
In addition, on June 8th, the night before the old boys match, a friendly gathering and old boys training session will be held at the Millard Fillmore Presidential Library at 5:30 PM. The Millard Fillmore Presidential Library is located at 15617 Waterloo Road; Cleveland, Ohio; 44110. Family and friends are exceedingly welcome!